Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An old Email

Have you ever gotten the email that says...blah, blah, blah...friends come into your life for a reason...some come into your life for a season...others for a lifetime?

I have thought about this email for about the last week. And I understand it more and more.

I buy Peach Nehi for my friend...she is my lifetime friend. Peach Nehi gives both of us a memory of what it was like when we were little, when we would walk to each others house and play, how we grew up together. I love her, my life without her just would not be the same.

I had time to spare yesterday and was "in the neighborhood". I stopped and bought another lifetime friend an iced coffee, headed over to her office and was going to take 15 minutes. Sadly, she wasn't there, and I had 2 iced coffees to enjoy (all for myself)...didn't taste as good. I was really looking forward to that 15 minutes. So very thankful to have her in my life!

Monday, I came home from Tennessee to see yet another lifetime friend. I had a great visit, her hospitality cannot be beat (although the paying for stuff makes me CRAZY) and we had the best visit. I am much looking forward to her coming to West Virginia in November for a movie premier, yes people, my friend is coming to see me so we can go to the movies. How great is that? I have traveled to 3 different states to see her, I refuse to let our friendship die due to distance. Again, I can't imagine life without her.

I then have to think about the other parts of that email...a friend for a season...I had one of those too. I was somewhat, pushed, to be friends with this person. And as of now, I am no longer friends with her. I can't say that my life feels empty without her. I will not take away the good times we had, but looking back on those times, they were a hoax! She is not a good person, not someone I want to be around. I am thankful that I had her for a season, and thankful that season has passed.

I love my friends, they are an extension of my family. I have met incredible people who really have made my life better. I love them for that.

And for you 3 lifetime friends, and you know exactly who you are...I love you and my life just wouldn't be the same without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment